A lot of patients come to our clinic looking for solutions to correct unwanted signs of aging, pigmentation, acne and other skin imperfections. Those signs caused by external factors and the natural breakdown in skin function as we age, include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun and age spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Loss of elasticity and firmness
- Loss of natural skin hydration
At Body Silk Clinic we have the ability to transform your skin with the Obagi Nu-Derm System, proven to correct skin functions so that problem skin looks and acts younger and healthier. Under the guidance of our trained physicians at Body Silk Clinic, the Obagi Skin Treatment System will help you correct your skin problems. It is often good to combine Obagi treatments with Dermaroller therapy and/or chemical peels, so our Obagi patients can enjoy 50% OFF those treatments.
Where does Obagi Nu Derm come from?
Obagi was launched in California, US, by Dr. Zein Obagi, an established board certified dermatologist. The system is available only through registered and Obagi trained doctors. Each product has a special formula that interacts with the ingredients of other Obagi products as a system to ensure patient's individual treatment program that makes it so effective.
What is different about Obagi Nu Derm?
Unlike traditional skin care products that only treat problems on the superficial skin layer (the deepest rejuvenation treatment that one can get would get only through half of the epidermis), the Obagi Skin Health Restoration System works at the cellular level on all skin layers - epidermis, melanin membrane, dermis and subcutaneous level.
Obagi Nu-Derm system uses a unique combination of active and prescription ingredients - including Tretinoin and Hydroquinone - to maximize penetration of all skin layers. The specific dosage and frequency are determined and monitored by our doctors, according to the patient's skin condition, needs and lifestyle.
How does the system change your skin?
The System triggers a Therapeutic Cascade™ that:
- Increases the skin turnover. Fresh cells are being pushed to the surface quicker forcing the old and/or unhealthy cells out;
- Regulates production of melanocytes (melanin-producing cells located between epidermis and dermis. Melanin is a pigment responsible for the colour of our skin). This process prevents and reverses hyperpigmentation;
- Melanin is distributed evenly. As a result, unwanted dark patches, age spots and other pigmentation spots are successfully elimited;
- The unique blend of ingredients has ability to repair keratinocytes (cell type that forms epidermis). As a result, new and healthy cells are produced which dramatically improves the skin structure;
- Stimulaion of fibroblasts occurs(a type of cell that makes collagen and plays a critical role in wound healing as well as produces hyaluronic acid responsible for the moisture and hydration in our skin). During that process, collagen and elastin levels are boosted, resulting in firmer skin with more collagen volume in the tissue which has rejuvenation and anti-aging effect;
- Higher levels of hyaluronic acid produced by fibroblasts result in natural hydration of the skin tissue carrying nutrients to the epidermis. That way, the appearance of new wrinkles is prevented;
- The system triggers the increase in angiogenesis that allows new blood vessels to grow. As a result, blood flow is improved carryong more oxygen to the cells.
Who are the right patients for Obagi Nu Derm?
The Obagi Nu-Derm System is best for patients who are willing to commit to a comprehensive skin care protocol and will tolerate side effects, such as skin flaking necessary to provide faster skin cells turnover. The potential Obagi Nu-Derm patients are those who:
- Are concerned about mild to severe photo-damage;
- Want to eliminate sun or age spots and have hyperpigmentation;
- Have fine lines, wrinkles and laxity;
- Experience adult acne;
- Want to brighten and lighten their skin tone.
What products are included?
Nu-Derm treatment course includes a combination of products. Your doctor at Body Silk will prescribe the skin regimen that is right for you. Your treatment plan may or may not include other Obagi products that are not part of a standard Obagi Nu-Derm kit.
Prices vary depending on the individual treatment plan of each patient. Contact our friendly team to request a quote according to your individual requirements or to book a consultation at our Central London location near Liverpool Street and Bank.